A Vision for Chilcote
We are currently in the process of reviewing our Vision statement. During the academic year 2019-2020, Governors are working with staff to review this.
We were thrilled to have been awarded Rights Respecting Schools ‘Gold’ status. In the context of this, our vision is that our current and future provision, in all aspects of school life, is underpinned by the United Nations Conventions of the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
All together we are
1. To ensure a happy, caring and safe environment where children and adults are valued and fulfilled.
2. To ensure a sound education meeting the requirements of the National Curriculum by providing a consistent programme of study which will promote the full development of each child irrespective of his/her background, race, class, gender or disability.
3. To encourage children to think, communicate, collaborate and take decisions
4. To develop and promote a set of values which reflect the school’s Golden Rule and a concern for the well-being of the entire community.
5. To develop an understanding and an appreciation of cultural diversity.
6. To provide opportunities for children to take responsibility for themselves and their learning.
7. To foster an appreciation of the Arts and Leisure activities.
8. To establish a healthy environment in which all individuals learn to appreciate the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
9. To develop the role of the school as an integral part of the community.
10. To actively involve the children, staff, parents and governors in the learning process.